Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I went to SPX and got some books


I didn't have a chance to read all of these yet. It's so great seeing all this new work. I can personally vouch for all pictured and the few missing from the photo [I think they were in the bathroom).

Nathan Bulmer's Acidopolous was a great find. It's about this dude that goes to a "punk rock" show and takes LSD. Then a strange world grows around him. It says it's Acidopolous #1 let's hope that #2 is coming soon. Bulmer's website is mysterious.



Also I read the new "issue" of Acme Novelty Library.   Let me premise this by saying that I'm a huge fan of Ware and I especially have enjoyed the Rusty Brown story so far.  Further, I thought the last issue was an incredible use of the comics medium to tell an incredible story.  It had a fully fleshed out pulp Sci-fi story in the middle for fuck's sake.  But, #20 was on a whole new level.  It tells the story of Jordan Lint (hence the title).  It's his entire life, birth to death.  Each page was one day in one year he was alive.  No, description I could give would do it justice, but it seems to be a perfect use of the medium of comics. 

SPX ruled.  Thanks so much to everyone who came by.  If I missed you sorry, books are still available :D

No comments:

Post a Comment